Scream | Teen Ink

Scream MAG

This movie is rated R. All those under 17 must be accompanied by an adult.

You will never again respond to the phrase "I'll be right back" after seeing "Scream." Yes, horror is back in town and is sending chills down everyone's spine. The movie's director, Wes Craven, has scored another nightmare with his new suspense-packed motion picture. This film is truly worth seeing if you want the scare of a lifetime.

This new horror flick takes the viewer to a small town that is suddenly struck with terrifying disaster, so suspenseful you have to block your ears at certain points. The town is faced with the murder of two high school students, and the murderer is a movie-watching, skeleton-costumed freak who seems to have taken his passion for horror flicks to real life.

From these murders, the viewer is brought to the cast. The main character is actress Neve Campbell ("Party of Five"), who also suddenly falls into the thick of things when the mysterious murderer decides that she will be his next prey. Campbell is in the battle of her life, which provides for some unbelievably suspenseful scenes.

Director Wes Craven has done an awesome job of creating a mystery. Throughout the film, the viewer never can actually put the finger on the killer. Craven drops clues in almost every scene, creating the ultimate suspense thriller in which everyone is a suspect.

This is an awesome movie. Wes Craven has proven that the horror flick is still alive in the movie world. This movie cannot be compared to the horror films of the '80s and the early '90s, - "Nightmare on Elm Street" or "Friday the 13th." This movie is much better