The Usual Suspects | Teen Ink

The Usual Suspects MAG

Who is Keyser Soze? In this 1995 thriller,which shocked audiences and critics alike, both the criminals and thepolice are looking for the answer to this question. This hour and46-minute crime movie is packed with action, suspense and mystery. Itkeeps you on your toes as you join the cast in trying to discover themysterious identity of one Keyser Soze.

The movie follows acrippled criminal, "Verbal" Kint (Kevin Spacey), who tellsU.S. Customs Agent David Kujan (Chazz Palminteri) about the fiasco thattook place the previous night in Long Beach Harbor. Verbal tells Davidhow he and four other criminals tried to pull off a $91 million heistfor the mysterious crime-lord, Keyser Soze. But something happens andonly Verbal is left to tell the story - or is he?

Kevin Spaceygives an impressive performance as a forger who feels out of place amongfour hard-core criminals, played by Gabriel Byrne, Stephen Baldwin,Kevin Pollack and Benicio Del Toro.

This movie throws in many redherrings that put the culprit up for grabs - until the very end. Superbcasting, a classic script, great directing and excellent acting makethis a must-see classic. It stole the hearts of audiences as well as theAcademy Awards, who awarded "The Usual Suspects" two Oscars,one to Kevin Spacey (Best Supporting Actor) and the other to ChristopherMcQuarrie (Best Screenplay).

There is nothing "usual"about this movie. It's unpredictably original and close to perfection,making it my all-time favorite and a must-see for everybody. Five stars!