Erin Brockovich | Teen Ink

Erin Brockovich MAG

By Anonymous

   "Erin Brockovich," starring Julia Roberts, AlbertFinney, Aaron Eckhart and Marg Helgenberger, is a hilarious film based on a true story.

Erin Brockovich (Roberts) has a very distinctwardrobe which does not go over well with her boss (Finney), the head lawyer at asmall Los Angeles firm. Brockovich keeps her colleagues, neighbors and theaudience on their toes with a stream of one-liners. She inspires her boss to takeon a case to bring down a multi-billion dollar utility company which contaminateda local water supply. The residents spent years in the hospital, never connectingtheir illnesses to the company. They desperately need Brockovich, who has thecourage and compassion to stand up for them. She is twice divorced with threechildren and considered uneducated, feisty and even rude, but her skill andpersistance forces the case open.

Directed by Steven Soderbergh ("OutOf Sight"), the film would be nothing without Roberts' stellar performance. Istrongly recommend "Erin Brockovich." It is a well-balanced mix of drama andcomedy that will keep you interested and entertained.

This movie is rated R. All those under 17 must beaccompanied by an adult.