Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules | Teen Ink

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules

December 25, 2013
By ilovetwix808 BRONZE, Keaau, Hawaii
ilovetwix808 BRONZE, Keaau, Hawaii
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Rodrick Heffley is an average teenager. The main word that would describe Rodrick would be lazy. He could sleep through a whole day, if he could. He never does anything around that house. All he does is sleep on the couch in the living room. His daily routine is get up; go back; get up; get ready for school; eat breakfast; go school; come home; go sleep and that’s it. All he does. Greg, his little brother, believes he is the definition of lazy.

Rodrick is also mean to his siblings, like a regular older brother would be. He is mostly mean to Greg. They always fight. Their mom thinks that they can change they way they feel about each other. If you ask me, I think they won’t change their feelings.

Rodrick is mostly the same in the book and the movie. They tried making him the same as possible. Rodrick is one of the main characters.

The two setting that showed during the movie and the book was school and home. Most of the events that were talked about were taken placed at home. I would say that home is the main setting and school is the second setting.

Some minior settings are Rowley’s house, Grandma’s house, and the pool. Rowley’s house was when Greg slept over Rowley’s house; Grandma’s house was when Rodrick and Greg cleaned their Grandma’s yard. The pool was during the summer when Greg had to go to swimming lessons.

The only setting that was added was church.

My favorite part was when Rodrick threw a party and locked Greg in the basement. Rodrick ends up unlocking the basement and letting Greg join the party. This was my favorite part because it was the part that had action.

I would make someone look attractive. I would put more of the events that happened in book into the movie because I was really looking forward to the event of the thanksgiving dinner. I would make a part where Rodrick is nice to Greg for the first time ever.


The author's comments:
It talks about the characters and the mood of the story.