Kate and Leopold | Teen Ink

Kate and Leopold MAG

By Anonymous

   "Boy meets girl. Boy gets girl. Boy loses girl. Girlgets her man in the end. Sound prdictable? Not when you're dealing with"Kate and Leopold."

It's not a chick flick, not if you'rethinking the sappy kind that appeals only to girls. It blends romance, comedy andeven time travel in a way that will appeal to both genders.

Meg Ryan playsKate, a lonely New York executive looking for her big break - and the perfectactor to star in her commercial for fat-free butter.

Enter Leopold (HughJackman), the 18th century Duke of Albany. He accidentally lands in 2001 througha freak time-travel accident, thanks to Kate's ex-boyfriend. When the two meet,sparks fly.

A number of things make this movie work. One, it uses thetime-travel idea without being hopelessly clichéd. No silly time-travelmachines here. Second, Hugh Jackman is brilliant as Leopold. No one else could soeasily play his role. Critics are calling him the next Mel Gibson, and Iwhole-heartedly agree. Third, it has a compelling theme that will leave youthinking long after the credits roll.

"Kate and Leopold" has allthe elements I love in a movie: romance; a clash of cultures; hard, moraldecisions; comedy; a few funky plot twists.

If you are a fan of Meg Ryan,or looking for fun, light-hearted entertainment, "Kate and Leopold" isa great choice.