Tim Burton | Teen Ink

Tim Burton

Romance, revenge, horror, and just plain weirdness. Who could possibly make movies that consistently incorporate these qualities? Tim Burton, of course. He is a very accomplished director, creating over 25 films. Several of his films include “Edward Scissorhands,” “Corpse Bride,” “The Nightmare Before Christmas,” “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow,” “Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber on Fleet Street,” and “Beetle Juice”.

He brings the romance quality to two of his films. These two are “The Nightmare Before Christmas” and “Corpse Bride.” These films, both animated, are aimed more towards children. “The Nightmare Before Christmas” is an exciting tale of what happens when the town of Halloween trys to make Christmas their own. In “Corpse Bride,” he tells the tale of what happens when a corpse bride falls in love with a living groom.

He brings the qualities of horror and revenge to two of his films. “Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber on Fleet Street” and “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” are these two chilling films. “Sweeney Todd” tells of the revenge taken when a barber is betrayed and loses his wife and daughter. “Sleepy Hollow” is the thriller about the Legend of the Headless Horseman.

The just plain weird films from him are “BeetleJuice” and “Edward Scissorhands.” “BeetleJuice” is a mix of the real and spiritual worlds. What could possibly go wrong when a ghost couple try to get a family out of their old house? A lot. “Edward Scissorhands” is a story of a man with scissorhands who attempts to fit in with normal society.

I adore all of Tim Burton’s films. I definitely recommend his films for a wacky movie night.