Transformers | Teen Ink

Transformers

Movie director Michael Bay does an excellent job at creating an action/adventure movie for a wide variety of audiences. “Transformers,” starring Shia LeBeouf, Tyrese Gibson, Megan Fox, Anthony Anderson, and Josh Duhamel, is one of the movies that will surprise many of its viewers by how much they enjoy and get into the movie.

All Sam Witwicky (Shai LeBeouf) wants is a new car that his dad promised him, but when his dad takes him to a dump car dealership run by character of a dealer (Bernie Mac) and can't choose between which piece of junk he wants, the “junk” chooses him. Sam doesn't know his beaten down Camero is about to take him on the ride of his lifetime or that trying to sell his grandpa's glasses on E-bay would be the key to the future of the universe and attract the attention of so many “buyers.”

This movie teaches us a lot about who we are as people and who we are as a nation. We learn that there is more to people or 'bots' than what we see on the outside and we learn about heart and friendship along with growing trust. Another big part of this movie, is that we see how the government kind of works. You are able to learn about all the secrets and missions that go on and are kept very secret. The Government has many things hiding that people don't know about and sometimes it's for the good and they are trying to protect the country, but in the case of “Transformers,” it almost ended in total destruction.

At the beginning of this movie I didn't think I would like it at all. I thought it was a bad transition to go from a serious sad situation of a soldier over in war talking to his wife and baby through the a web-cam to a run down dealership with wise crack dealer played by Bernie Mac. I was quick to change my mind. This movie had my eyes locked on the screen at all times with all of it's adventure, action, and suspicion of what's going to happen next. I was impressed with the special effects and the technology and imagination that went into creating such scientifically complex characters like the Autobots and the Decepticons. All the actors fit the parts perfectly and I was very impressed with Shai LeBeouf and his ability to play a hero. Of course no action movie would be complete with out the “bad girl” beauty that has a hand in all of this adventure. Mikaela Banes (Megan Fox) uses her beauty, body and knowledge of cars to captivate Sam and create a friendship that no one would ever expect. I loved how the Autobots were friendly and had feelings. The idea of giving huge transforming robots a heart along with feelings and a mind is a great way to get people interested in the movie, especially if they can crack jokes and be humorous too. I loved this movie and I hope that there is a sequel, although I don't think that a sequel could do justice to the first “Transformers.”

All in all I give this movie an A. It taught me lessons along with keeping me at the edge of my seat and completely focused on the screen. It was a movie that had seriousness, humor, action, and science all in one. Now thats one great movie. So “bring the rain” for Transformers II.