Love | Teen Ink

Love

February 26, 2012
By alanclarke714 PLATINUM, Kuna, Idaho
alanclarke714 PLATINUM, Kuna, Idaho
35 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
"...All you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf


Love is a film produced by Angels & Airwaves and directed/written by William Eubank about an astronaut Captain Lee Miller, played by Gunner Wright, who becomes stranded aboard the International Space Station and must do his best to survive while slowly losing his mind. When life support systems are threatened, Miller tries his best to fix the problem, but not before making a discovery that will change everything he knows.

In the tradition of 2001: A Space Odyssey, Moon, and Solaris, this rare sci-fi gem does the best to challenge your mind in depicting the struggles of human existence and how isolation affects the human mind and body. Gunner Wright is absolutely convincing as Miller, a man who was just trying to help the human race with space exploration. The script is mint, having a few witty moments during Miller's progression into insanity, and truly captivating writing for the rest of this serious internal adventure. The effects and sets are, even with the $500,000 budget, some of the best I've ever seen in a film; Award-winning if you ask me.
All in all, Love is truly an amazing film with deep meanings and an understanding of the universe that every human being has held in their heart; a need for connection.

9/10 Stars***

The author's comments:
I'm a huge sci-fi fan, and I've seen just about every classic, B-Movie, and regular Hollywood fair film, but when i watched this, i was captivated to see this bear the resemblance of three classics all together; a must-see for cinema-lovers