Tron Legacy | Teen Ink

Tron Legacy

By julian GOLD, Eugene, Oregon
julian GOLD, Eugene, Oregon

The goal is not about living forever, the goal is about creating something that can.

Certain movies seem to pop alive onscreen, like electricity. That kind of energy, set with a good musical soundtrack, will make the movie outright bust wings and fly to a whole new level. Tron Legacy is certainly one of these movies. Spectacular special effects and the pounding of Daft Punk’s epic soundtrack immerse the viewer into a world of heart-thudding intensity.

The plot follows Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund) as he attempts to rescue his father, Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges), who is trapped within a digital world of his own creation. Along the way, Sam meets an array of intriguing individuals, including Quorra (Olivia Wilde) a spirited girl who has been taken in by Kevin to learn the ways of reality, and Castor, a beguiling club owner with a hidden identity. The danger lies with the young cyber clone of Kevin Flynn, called Clu (also played by Jeff Bridges). His clichéd agenda is all about world domination and power, and he has become very close to achieving his desires. When you first see him, you will likely rub your eyes and wonder what is wrong with him, and in fact Jeff Bridge’s face has undergone a digital makeover to make him look younger. This may sound lame, but it actually fits in well due to the digital nature of his world of origin. After encountering Clu, Sam Flynn comes to realize that his mission may have greater importance not only for the safety of the grid, but for the safety of earth as well.

Although lacking slightly in plot development, this movie is more of a sensory experience in which the audience can let go of reality and immerse themselves in another dimension for two hours and five minutes. Filled with spectacular disc battles, high intensity speed racing, and a super hip techno club, this movie might prompt you to head out and buy a 48 inch plasma screen TV with a bass pounding surround sound system. If you do, you might be the closest you have ever been to experiencing actual inter-dimensional travel. Pack a bag of popcorn as well because you are in for a true thrill ride.

This is one of those truly enthralling movies that grabs your attention and never lets go until the very end.

IamtheshyStargirl PLATINUM, Lothlorien, Utah

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

"Bowing gratefully to all of my subjects, 'thank you. Thank you. The pleasure is mine." Nah, I'm just kidding. We're all kings together.'"
~Thesilentraven

This piece started out really strong, but toward the end began ton lag. I think there was some awkward grammer, that might explain it, and you kinda seemed to deviate from the path you began with the starting.

By the way, I really like Tron too :)