Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides | Teen Ink

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

By Writomania PLATINUM, New Delhi, Other
Writomania PLATINUM, New Delhi, Other

"What really does not kill you, will only make you stronger"- Kanye West
"If there was no electricity, we would've had to watch the television by candle light"- Joe Jonas
Nobody will ever win the Battle of the Sexes. There's just too much fraternizing with the enemy. ~Henry Kissinger

Captain Jack Sparrow is back. But this time, our Peculiar Pirate is not looking for some long lost treasure or a buried-under-the sea ship. The fourth sequel to the famous series brings some nail biting suspense and the usual nervous wrecking thriller in which the infamous Pirate is on a quest to locate the “Fountain of Youth”.

With a hundred or so applicants and the complexity of brewing up the Potion of Eternity requiring a mermaid tear and some ancient flasks beholding magical powers, Jack Sparrow, along with his childhood lover Angelica (Penelope Cruz) and her alleged father, conqueror Black Beard set out aboard a cranky old ship to look for the treasure of life.

What follows next is a series of confusions, fights, battles, massive upsurges amongst the crew men and the unmistakable romance between Jack and Angelica. The most beautiful part, though, in the entire movie was the scene where the mermaids start to appear. This movie has featured mermaids in an all new avatar where they aren’t just plain, beautiful and innocent but have large fangs and are, as a matter of fact, man eaters.

The Evil Black Beard uses a few of his fellow crew members, including a Christian rebel, as a trap for the mermaids in order to capture them for their tear.

This movie is a mixture of the usual Pirate humor, mermaid romance, lust and greed to live longer, big ships and ferocious waters and of course, an occasional “Aye Aye Captain”.
The story takes a sharp turn as the Christian rebel, Philippe, falls for a captured mermaid who he names as Serena. The beautiful transformation of the mermaid to human, her innocence and the way she too, falls for him makes your heart cry out for her. But alas, the deed needs to be done. Black Beard tortures her, beats her and threatens to cut off her fingernails if she doesn’t shed a tear.
After procuring the precious, saline drop of water (after a lot of mayhem and drama), they go ahead to look for the flasks and set up Jack for the mission.
With the return of some more antique characters, Pirates of the Caribbean: On stranger Tides is like a joyride with unexpected turns, a lot of sword fights, drunken slurs and a magical prowess for the Fountain of Youth.
The cinematography of the movie is beautiful with the camera flying from over lush green tree tops, jungles and rivers to the inside of the sea.

Pirates of the Caribbean will leave you happy and content by the end of it because of its beautiful illustrations and out of the world imagination. Yet again.

Amazing Movie...

on Jun. 28 2011 at 1:22 am
Writomania PLATINUM, New Delhi, Other

haha yeah well, kudos to that point :P.. yeah they are a bit confusing if you haven't watched them from the first in the series.. but pirates has this strange misty feeling about it.. as if you're back in the 18th century... amidst the wild sea... captains..

on Jun. 10 2011 at 11:14 am
Writomania PLATINUM, New Delhi, Other

naa not much... its pretty popular in india as well but it's difficult to get a regular subscription.. :/

Aderes47 GOLD said...
Aderes47 GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts

You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.
Henry Drummond

I missed both Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightly. Their romance was just super entertaining. :)

I am not a huge fan of Orlando Bloom but i saw a cute picture of him in Vogue yesterday. Do you read Vogue?

on Jun. 9 2011 at 12:29 am
Writomania PLATINUM, New Delhi, Other

haha.. was it just me or did you miss orlando bloom too?

Aderes47 GOLD said...
on Jun. 8 2011 at 6:27 am
Aderes47 GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts

Henry Drummond

That's too bad, never had that happen to me. LOL! :) 

on Jun. 8 2011 at 3:31 am
Writomania PLATINUM, New Delhi, Other

i saw it in 3D... it wasn't so effective and the goggles made my hea ache but Jack Sparrow saved me <3

Aderes47 GOLD said...
Aderes47 GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts

Henry Drummond

I saw this movie a couple weeks ago and I LOVED it too! :)