Dune Movie Review | Teen Ink

Dune Movie Review

April 29, 2024
By 5strobusch BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
5strobusch BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

   One of my close friends wanted to go see the movie Dune 2. I had never seen the 1st one, so I went just for fun. We arrived a little late to the theater so as we sat down the movie was just beginning. 


   First let me start off by saying, what a great choice of actors. Timothee Chalamet and Austin Butler really kept my eyes open throughout the whole movie. Not only are they very good looking actors, but they also acted very dramatically which kept me entertained as well as played their character extremely well. 


   The movie was honestly kinda weird and got really long at the end. But overall I actually really enjoyed it and it kept me entertained. This movie was about a fight between 2 social groups. Both these groups have immensely weird cultural rituals and the purpose was to fight for power of the galaxy. 


   This movie had so many different plot twists and lots of events I did not expect to happen. I also liked judging all the characters because of how disturbing they looked. The makeup and tattoos on their face looked disturbing and out of the ordinary. Some of the characters also had nose tubes which made them look strange. 


   At the end of the movie, my friend and I both agreed it was unnecessarily long but overall a fun experience. The movie was a solid 8/10 and the main downfall being that it was very long and confusing to follow. 


The author's comments:

This movie recently came out in the last month and I went to go see it and thought I would share my raw opinion.