Very old, But very good | Teen Ink

Very old, But very good

By EricDeric BRONZE, Barueri, Other
EricDeric BRONZE, Barueri, Other

The Goonies is a comedy movie originally released in 1985. With the goal of reaching a kids and teenagers audience, it smashed popularity reaching $61 million dollars and top 10 box-office. The Goonies was by the same director as Free Willy. This movie was all about a group of young kids trying to find a treasure. I first watched this movie as an 8-year-old and fell in love with it. But why? It is an old movie, it can't be that good? I fell in love with this movie, because of the flawless jokes, the perfect cast which was reallu good and it fit perfectly in the film, and of course, the adventure. This was not a boring old adventure film, the comedy fit along perfectly breaking the tension. 

The best duo since the beggining of time is Jeff Cohen (Chunk) and John Matusak (Sloth), who thought that a chubby and funny kid could be friends with an abnormal monster? At first both of them were bullied by others but when Chunk found him his life "changed". Although the movie was aiming for a younger audience in 1985, I think it is better 13-year-olds and older, because some jokes made in 1985 can be a little innapropiate for kids today.

In my general opinion, this is the type of movie you can watch 100 times and will never get old. The perfect time to watch this movie is with a group of very funny friends or even with your family. Just trust me, you will have a very good time and you'll have so many good laughs. This is my favorite movie and I think it will be a long time from now that I'll change my mind. 

My name is Eric and I live in Brasil.