The Conjuring | Teen Ink

The Conjuring

By kileyjeppesen BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
kileyjeppesen BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

As the movie starts Debbie says “We are beyond terrified. We don't know what's going on, or what to do. Can you help us?”. A very suspenseful way to start off, it gets people moving to the edge of their seat. “The conjuring” based on the first movie of its series, is a very famous horror movie as it is based on a true story. The bone-chilling vibe creeps its way of being in your presence, then, that's when the real movie begins. As it goes on though, it gets darker and darker. It starts off strong as well as ends strong.

Some of the backstory. Ed and Lorraine Warren are a very happy couple. Have a nice family, they have one daughter together, named Judy Warren. They live in a small town in Connecticut and have a nice house. When Ed and Lorraine first got together they hit it off right away with how compatible they were. They started working together in the supernatural industry and instantly got fame. They were a part of very many horrifying cases that scarred them in some way, shape, or form at one point or another. But they would continue to keep working their hardest to help these innocent people.

Ed and Lorraine Warren are paranormal investigators, meaning, they get to know a family they are assigned to and try to help them with their demonic problems. In the film it starts off with a very happy family moving into their new house, in hope of a new chapter in their life. Though, throughout the beginning of the movie weird things start to happen like, random bruises or things getting moved to a different spot. Eventually things start getting more chaotic. It gets scarier and continues to increase until later in the movie where it reaches the climax. Their house feels like it is coming alive and it concerns everyone. I know what everyone is thinking, and no, this is not like every other horror movie, it is far from that. Just watch the movie and find out for yourself. 

It is a very complex film. There are three films connected to “The Conjuring” but seven films in its series in total. The first film is the most informing; however, it is challenging to watch because of the frightening scares.  It makes people understand what is going on in the supernatural world. It is more of a possession movie and shows how it happens. The second film in its series is more of a “haunting” experience. It shows how spirits would haunt people in their life and how it changes lives. The third film in the series is a “devils at work” movie. It really shows who is all behind the hauntings and shows how they can control people. It is a very suspenseful movie and has a crazy plot. The other four movies in its series are about other famous horror films that are based on famous hauntings, Annabelle is a good example of this. There is also La Llorona, The Nun, and many other famous stories.

The Conjuring by itself is absolutely terrifying so if anyone really likes horror movies, this is perfect for them. It is a great movie to watch with friends or by yourself to make it scarier to watch. There are many jumpscares throughout the movie as well to get a good scare. People really understand how the world is around us and it is honestly really interesting. People feel like they are really there when they are watching the movie and it is very entertaining. The characters are phenomenal and are very good at their job. This is a very good movie as it plays out very well in the end. People are definitely amused throughout the entire movie. 

If you like a good scare this review is a perfect article for you to check out.