A Very Poorly Written Review Of Forrest Gump | Teen Ink

A Very Poorly Written Review Of Forrest Gump

By Landon_Maggard12 SILVER, Seymour, Tennessee
Landon_Maggard12 SILVER, Seymour, Tennessee

Rap is just to me very annoying. - James Hetfield

You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored. - Cliff Burton

so there’s a feather in the air and it floats down to a man. he puts it in his briefcase, then in a curious george book. he’s sitting on a bench. someone sits next to him. he says “my name’s forrest forrest gump.” and he pulls out some chocolates and asks her if she wants one. he says “momma always said life was like a box of chocolates.” he then tells his life story. i’m gonna say it too. so there’s this guy from alabama who lives with his mom. he has this messed up knee and has to wear a knee brace and stuff. so at one point his mom opens a bed and breakfast and this kid meets a young elvis presley. wild right? anyway elvis plays guitar and forrest does a weird little dance in his knee braces and stuff. later elvis does the same dance on tv and gets famous. eventually forrest starts school and when he gets on the bus all the kids laugh at him because he’s wearing a knee brace. but there’s this girl who’s named jenny that says forrest can sit with her. so he does. he says “i’m forrest forrest gump.” anyway he like goes through school with this girl as his best friend. one day while they’re walking some bullies start chasing them so forrest has to run away. jenny yells “run forrest run” so he starts running and running and running until his knee braces come off. there’s this part where they sit in a tree too i think. then they play hide and seek or something like that in a (corn field?) behind her house. then the dad yells and the kids stop talking. i think the dad isn't a good parent to jenny. anyway they grow up together and split apart because jenny goes to an all girls college or something like that. forrest is a good runner so he goes to the university of alabama to play football. but he runs too far always and runs off field and into the locker rooms and so on and so forth. so the student sections hold a big sign up saying “stop forrest” whenever he’s running for a touchdown. alabama wins a championship and they meet a president. it was jfk i think. rip jfk gone too soon. and alabama gets like desegregated so that’s really good. oh and forrest sees jenny and they do something i can't say. anyway forrest gets drafted to fight in vietnam. on the bus to training camp everyone ignores him except for this big buff guy named bubba. bubba likes shrimp. a lot. him and forrest want to start a shrimp company. there’s a part where bubba names like a gazillion ways to cook shrimp. bubba likes shrimp. a lot. not much happens in the war until forrest literally saves his entire platoon from attack. there’s this dude named lieutenant dan who for the sake of me being lazy will just be called  dan. dan loses his legs and is all like “leave me forrest i wanna die.” this is because his family has a history of dying in battles. but forrest saves him anyway because forrest is a good man. dan doesn’t forgive him for a looooong time either. so forrest is in a military hospital and discovers ping pong and he’s good at it. he also gets a medal from president lbj for being brave. oh, and, yeah,  bubba dies. and  forrest is sad. then his mom dies. and forrest is sad. then forrest speaks in washington dc about the war. he sees jenny then they go to a club about panthers and some guy hits jenny and forrest hits him then forest and jenny go away. then the astronauts land on the moon.  soon he goes on a tv show to talk about the war and he meets john lennon and john like writes a song inspired by what forrest said. then forrest goes and plays ping pong in china. at some point he meets dan in his apartment and stays for a few days during new years. later on when he’s at a hotel he can’t sleep because people have flashlights. he calls and tattles on them but he was being a hero again. you wanna know why? because that was the watergate break in. boom. forrest saves the day again. nixon resigns and he isn’t president anymore. anyway forrest starts the shrimp company with dan and calls it bubba gump. dan invests in apple and they make money. then a hurricane hit louisiana where they catch shrimp and every ship except theirs is destroyed so forrest and dan catch a lot more shrimp and make even more money. and dan isn’t mad at forrest anymore. a few years pass and forrest is back home then he starts running. he runs and runs and runs and runs and runs and runs for a few years. then when he got tired he went home. one day he got a letter from jenny to see her in savannah georgia. i’ve been there before it’s a very nice place. anyway forrest goes to see jenny and he finishes his life story to the people listening. he finds out he didn’t need the bus he was waiting for because jenny’s place was only like a few miles away. he runs to jenny’s apartment and sees her after work. then some woman knocks on the door and gives jenny her child. i think she's a babysitter. jenny tells him to say hi. the kid says “hello mr gump. mommy can i watch tv.” and he goes and watches tv. jenny tells forrest that the kid is also named forrest “after his daddy” so forrest is like a dad now. that’s pretty good i guess. anyway he proposes and they get married. dan is at the wedding too and forrest and jenny meet his wife. his wife is nice to them. dan has prosthetic legs now made out of “the same material as the space shuttles.” later on jenny gets sick. then jenny passes away and forrest is sad. forrest is then a single dad and raises forrest jr. he's a good dad. he teaches him how to play ping pong and reads to him every night. he takes a letter from forrest jr and puts at her grave but he can’t read it. and jenny is buried by their tree which i mentioned earlier. and the house jenny grew up in is torn down. then forrest jr starts school and we see the feather from the beginning of the movie in the curious george book.  and that’s about it.

i like this movie a lot. 10/10

This is a review of my favorite movie- Forrest Gump- written terribly in purpose . No capitols. It started as a joke with a friend but I wrote a full one and wanted to share. Hope you enjoyed this very bad retelling of a classic movie.