Twilight | Teen Ink

Twilight

April 15, 2009
By Chris Lyons BRONZE, Shawnee, Kansas
Chris Lyons BRONZE, Shawnee, Kansas
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

I recently had the displeasure of viewing Twilight, a so called “major motion picture”. If you ask me, it looks like some homeless person made it out of the cardboard box they're currently residing in. The camera work was subpar to say the least. I at times felt like I was watching a home video. As for the dialogue, I'm almost certain this thing was improvised the entire way. The “actors” were given costumes and told to wing it.

The story line to this movie was decent. A girl from Arizona (Bella) moves to live with her father in Seattle. She meets a strange boy (Edward) and since they are both extremely pale they hit it off extremely well. There is a twist however; Edward is a Vampire! Excited? I wasn't. Basically from there you can guess where the story goes. A bad vampire decides he wants Bella for a snack and Edward puts a stop to that idea and saves his beloveds life. Blah blah blah.

I would have to say this is one of my all time least favorite movies, and here is why. It is based on a book. That hardly ever flies and this movie is certainly not one of the special cases. Also, the characters were whiney and somewhat annoying. To add insult to injury, it was long. I'm not sure what the official run time was, but it definitely dragged. So there you have it. That's my review of Twilight. Questions or comments?