A Classic Murder Mystery | Teen Ink

A Classic Murder Mystery

By Tommy_1425 BRONZE, Methuen, Massachusetts
Tommy_1425 BRONZE, Methuen, Massachusetts

“The Muder on the Orient Express” was a movie I would recommend to anyone that is into mystery movies. The movie is about a group of rich and famous people that were stuck on a train because of a snow pile on the track. One night while the train was stuck a man was murdered and everyone was a suspect, but a detective was brought on board last minute and tried to solve the murder mystery. The movies plot was a long, dragged out sequence of interviews and stories of where each character was the night of the murder. Clues were easily spotted throughout the cabins, and the ending was very surprising. This was the perfect murder mystery story.

The plot line was a little dragged out and a little cliche, which was the only semi-bad part about the movie. But the storyline throughout the movie was very well put together and brought the audience into the movie, trying to figure out who the killer could have been, including myself. Throughout the movie new clues kept being introduced and planted in different places making me curious about who it could be. I could never decide on who I actually thought the killer was. Overall the plot was good and it keeps you thinking throughout the movie.

The acting in this movie was spot on. The main character was a detective and the role was played perfectly by Albert. He was a man with slicked back hair, a mustache, was very intelligent, and could put the pieces together to solve the murder. There were over twelve characters on the train including the detective. It was too many characters because it dragged on the story for too long and made it hard to follow along. But there was a lot of variety in the personalities of these characters making it very interesting for the audience. There was a fancy princess, an annoying, very talkative, snobby women, a nervous assistant, and many different personalities, due to these different characters, the audience could try to guess who the killer could be just by the way the characters interacted. 

The best part about the movie was the ending. The plot of the movie was getting confusing towards the end because the clues and how everything pointed to different people, which was interesting yet frustrating. Then it all came together, the way the story was written was so good, how all sorts of different events connected and how the detective solved the case. Just overall a great way to solve the murder and end the movie. I believe this might have changed the way mystery movies would end because I have  never seen a movie end like this before. If you take my advice and see this movie you won’t be disappointed in the ending.

Overall the movie A Murder on the Orient Express was a decent mystery film, it had a great but long plot, fantastic characters and acting by these characters, and a brilliant ending. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who enjoys mystery books or films because this is one of the best I’ve ever seen. I would even suggest this film to people who don’t enjoy mysteries because I believe that this film is not like other mystery films due to the way it ended and the way the story makes you think throughout the whole movie. Please go watch this movie, you will not be disappointed.

This is a simultaneous submission, I've always been into mystery novels and movies and my parents told me about this movie and I decided to give it a try.