Guardians of the Galaxy | Teen Ink

Guardians of the Galaxy

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

Guardians of the Galaxy is a movie revolving around a strange group of anti-heroes that are hard not to like. Peter Quill is just a human among aliens trying to make a living by stealing. The space adventurer is known for his advanced technology, his brash nature, and his willingness to steal just about anything. However, when Star-Lord, the nickname Quill gave to himself, gets his hands on a mysterious orb, vicious bounty hunters chase after him. It turns out that the orb is coveted by Ronan, one of the most powerful beings in the universe, and the evil villain isn't afraid to kill whatever it takes in order to achieve what he wants. Because of a crazy slew of events, including avoiding Ronan and attempting to sell the precious orb, Peter finds himself in an odd, uneasy alliance with a talking raccoon that loves guns, Rocket, a treelike alien that can only say three words, Groot, a green alien with a dark past, Gamora, and Drax the Destroyer, who's known for being fueled by vengeance. When the orb is placed into the wrong hands, the group learns that they must work together and save the universe, or millions will die. 

The visual effects of the movie are absolutely stunning and that's being modest. The movie is led by underdogs that are difficult not to love and Marvel immediately makes us root for these space characters that were previously unheard of by everybody, except for die-hard comic book fans. Like most movies in the Marvel cinematic universe, this one continues to keep the tones light and fun with lots of comedy and great one-liners. Although the villain in this movie isn't that impressive, he does gift the movie some excellent scenes. The movie further introduces a future villain to the rest of the Marvel universe and some new, powerful weapons capable of mass destruction. The cast of this movie is pretty good, and after seeing it, it becomes crystal clear why Chris Pratt's career was saved and revived after his spectacular performance as the lead. Guardians of the Galaxy truly is entertaining and one of the most fun superhero movies out there. Simply put, this movie is an absolute must see that is good for people of all ages. 

Simply put, this movie is an absolute must see that is good for people of all ages.