Ghostbusters (2016) | Teen Ink

Ghostbusters (2016)

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

Ghostbusters (2016) is a female led version of the original Ghostbusters that came out in 1984. Erin Gilbert is a physicist who teaches and researches at Columbia university. She is on the verge of receiving a ten year contract from the prestigious university, but when the owner of a mansion comes to the professor asking for paranormal help, as he shows her a book on paranormal activity that Erin co-wrote, the teacher soon discovers that the other author of the novel posted the book on amazon. Because she fears that if fellow colleagues discover the book she'll get fired, Erin goes to the other author, Abby Yates, who's a paranormal researcher, and requests that the book be put down from amazon. 
 After chatting for a little bit, Erin discovers that Abby has a new partner, Jillian, and she's an excellent engineer. When the teacher explains why she's there, Abby, Jillian, and Erin go to the mansion and attempt to find any possible paranormal activity. The trio soon discovers a ghost, catch it on film, and before they know it, they are starting their own plan to be the first scientists to prove that ghosts exist. The team soon gains a new partner in Patty Tolan, a New Yorker who's spent her entire life in the state and knows all of the ins and outs, as well as the history. The team tries to find and capture reported ghosts, but they soon meet an unusual enemy that plans on releasing 1,000s of ghosts into New York City. 
 The movie isn't fantastic, but it is fun, fine, and a solid remake of the original movie. This movie is more of a comedy and has scores of witty moments. The ending of the movie is alright but not special. The visual effects of the movie are surprisingly really good and help to illuminate the film's goals. Although the original is still better, this new female-led version tries its hardest and comes somewhat close to being as well done.

Although the original is still better, this new female-led version tries its hardest and comes somewhat close to being as well done.