Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher | Teen Ink

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

By camilamedeles GOLD, Sacramento, California
camilamedeles GOLD, Sacramento, California

"It is not what the world holds for it is what you bring to it"-Anne

Have you ever been bullied before?“I’m about to tell you the story of my life more specifically why it ended.”Thirteen reasons why is about this girl  named Hannah Baker who gets bullied in school.All these bad things are happening to her.She’s dealing with all these problems.Between financial struggles at home and the bullies at school it becomes to much for her.Hannah decides to end it all and commits suicide.But before she does she records her voice on tapes telling all the reasons why she did what she did.This sad devastating young adult novel is written by Jay Asher.This Amazing book has received recognition and awards from young adult literary and has been New York Times best seller .It was such an amazing book they had to bring it to life and make it  a T.V show on Netflix.

When Hannah Baker a young highschool student,has had enough of her torment at school so she decides to commit suicide.But she leaves 13 tapes for 11 people explaining why she killed herself.Which ends up changing those people’s lives,secrets come out of the dark.People will show their true colors.

Hannah is very unique in many ways.She is very outgoing.She loves to try new things.But at the same time she’s very shy and insecure.

I would recommend this to teens and adults.I think this would be a good lesson for adults because it would teach them to be aware of how their kids are doing in school.Not just in  academics but emotionally as well.For teens this would be good for them to know that their not alone and they should get help.

This book is very intense.It makes people realize that depression and suicide is a big problem in teens a lives. Jay Asher does an amazing job in bringing every detail to life.So come and read the tragic life of Hannah Baker.

This is a tragic story but still very intresting.