Twilight by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

By Alin.Castillo BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
Alin.Castillo BRONZE, Arlington, Texas

The author did a great job at describing the events because it made me imagine the story as if it were a movie. It experienced happy, annoyed, frustrated, and sad emotions throughout the book. However, one of the things that did not work for me was that sometimes she used big classy words that I somewhat did not understand. But by reading the whole sentence I was able to understand better. For example, “‘Let’s say, hypothetically of course, that…someone…could know what people are thinking, read minds, you know---with a few exceptions’” (Meyer 172). I did not know what hypothetically meant, but when I continued the chapter I got a clear understanding of the meaning of the word. The characterization in this book is strong because you get a clear picture of who the main, important characters are. The author creates the character Bella as not just another ordinary high school girl. She is an independent girl that does not care about what others think. As for Edward, he is also not just a typical high school guy. He likes to stay secluded from other and does not hang out with people other than his family. The theme of this book was interesting and it made me want to continue reading to find out what would happen next. Like when I read: “‘About three things I was absolutely positive. First Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him ---and I didn’t want know how potent the part of might be---that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him’”(Meyer 195). I would recommend this book to people who like sci-fi and romance. However, people who do not like fiction would not be interested in this book.