Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

By Joseperez12 BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
Joseperez12 BRONZE, Arlington, Texas

The Author Suzanne Collins did very well on expressing every detail of the main characters the main characters were Catniss Everdeen, Petta Melark. The reason for that is because the author described every feeling that Catniss had and when she was also thinking in her mind it described each though so it made it look more like an actual person instead of a made up character that seems unrealistic. The thing that worked for me was that it also described very well each setting that comes in handy because it adds that sense of imagery that all books should have. The characterization was very strong because of how it made it look like an actual person when Catniss said “I feel like a pariah when I walk through the streets. Everyone avoids me in public now. But there’s no shortage of company at home” (collins132). That was very strong characterization because of how yet she felt that no one was there at home there was company that demonstrates how an actual person is and thinks of the bad side yet says something to feel better.

Now some personal connections that I have with this book is with Catniss because each time she does something that she knows will end in a conflict yet she does it at least 50% of my life mistakes happen because of that also I don’t know why I do those same mistakes but I felt so close to Catniss every tie that she did something like that. Now comparing this book to others that I have read this is far the best because of its complicity with the characterization. I would not recommend this book to people who have a hard time comprehending the character’s feelings because it involves a lot of feelings and thoughts. Now I had hard time comprehending this quote “We’ve never been particularly fond of each other, but now we have this bond.” (Collins7). The reason on why I got confused was because how can you not be fond of each other yet have a bond. Either way it is a very amazing book that should be read.