White Fang by Jack London | Teen Ink

White Fang by Jack London

By vinnieoppa BRONZE, Grand Prairie, Texas
vinnieoppa BRONZE, Grand Prairie, Texas

The story White Fang is a book about a wolf-hybrid that is the last of its kind and its struggle for survival in human civilization while being beaten. White Fang is the spawn of She-Wolf, a wolf and One Eye, a dog. The story perspective is in White Fang’s eyes and the story takes place in the Yukon Territory and the Northwest Territories in Canada, it is during the time of the 1890s Klondike Gold Rush. The characterization is strong in this book because of London’s word choice, he provides the audience a strong and firm story with words that will grip onto the audiences forcing them to dive deeper. He uses words that helps give the audience an extreme, and detailed image of what he is trying to describe along with words that helps describe viewpoints and perspectives. “Dark spruce forest frowned on either side the frozen waterway” (London 95). “So Collie took advantage of her sex to pick upon White Fang and maltreat him” (London 270). I recommend this book to readers who wants to get a taste of what it feels like to be in the perspective of a dog, because I believe that it’s an interesting perspective and unique from the normal perspective that we usually get in other novels, in the eyes of a human being. I don’t recommend this book to readers who aren’t able to dive deep into the story because you will and I believe that you must dive deep into this story to fully understand it and grasp it.