Warriors: The New Prophecy Midnight by Erin Hunter | Teen Ink

Warriors: The New Prophecy Midnight by Erin Hunter

In Erin Hunter’s second series addition to the Warriors franchise, peace and harmony reigns of the wild cats of the forest until Starclan discovers a new threat to the four clans. A young warrior by the name of Brambleclaw receives a prophecy speaking of destruction by Bluestar, a Starclan cat and the former leader of Thunderclan. The fate of the forest now rests in his paws as he is to meet three other cats who also receive this warning from their clan’s former leader. The following three cats: Tawnypelt of Shadowclan, Feathertail of Riverclan, and Crowpaw of Windclan all meet Brambleclaw in secret at Fourtrees. Brambleclaw soon has another dream about drowning in the salty depths of seawater. Loner Ravenpaw suggests that Brambleclaw saw the Sun-drown place. The four cats, along with the Thunderclan apprentice Squirrelpaw and Feathertail’s brother, Stormfur make their journey towards the place at Starclan’s request. On the way, these cats face dangers they never had dealt with in the forest. Cars, dogs, humans, and a lack of prey all threaten the journeying clowder in their quest to save the clans. However, this is not the only prophecy the clans receive. Back in Thunderclan, their medicine cat Cinderpelt receives visions of fire, tiger, and disaster in the ember of burning bramble. Thunderclan’s leader, Firestar, Sandstorm, Leafpaw and Greystripe become distraught and assume this prophecy is about Brambleclaw, the son of wicked cat Tigerstar, and Firestar’s own daughter, Squirrelpaw. These cats become even more worried after the pair’s disappearance. Now, the forest needs the cats’ strength and courage in order to prevent the doom that awaits the clans. This is a fantastic adventure for all ages to enjoy.