The Crossover by Kwame Alexander | Teen Ink

The Crossover by Kwame Alexander

By Raymond,L. BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
Raymond,L. BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

"With a bolt of lightning on my kicks . . .The court is SIZZLING. My sweat is DRIZZLING. Stop all that quivering. Cuz tonight I'm delivering”, said Josh Bell. He is a encouraging basketball player. He put most of his effort into basketball. He is the son of basketball player Chuck “Da Man” Bell. His father’s story tell the reader more about how he love Josh and his twin brother, JB. The father’s bond will never be broke up with the twins.

The author use different size or font on different word to make the book more interesting. Alexander has crafted a story that vibrates with energy. Each poem in the book describe different event. The “Rules” in the book describes encouraging moment in the book. In the fascinating Novel-in-verse, Alexander tells the reader the challenging situations Josh have to go through in his life.

Readers of all age will enjoy the masterful mix of rhythm from the book. Each Poem included a different role for the reader. The reader read about Josh’s Journey through life and basketball. The basketball action provided energy and rhythm for a moving story.

I would recommended this book to someone who loves to read deeply and big events around the corner. This book is very unpredictable. The Crossover will change your life in the future.

I love this book. Everyone should read this book. It is a interesting book.