The Crossover by Kwame Alexander | Teen Ink

The Crossover by Kwame Alexander

September 14, 2017
By DaviaTaylor04 BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
DaviaTaylor04 BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“Filthy McNasty”(Josh Bell)  and “JB” (Jordan bell)  are the sons of “Da Man”. In this humor/realistic fiction full of poems,you will be going on a adventure and obstacle course of ups and downs the Bells  family had overcome.”A loss is inevitable like snow in winter.True champions learn to dance through the storm”

The Book The Crossover  , Is a narrative about Josh Bell (the next stephen curry) and JB ( the next Lebron James) and Chuck Bell “Da Man” and the bonding they have together, until……something happens that will have you mesmerize into the book falling out of the seat  with your mouth wide open and WOWED!!!!! But, in order to find that out, you have to read the book or you will never find out.

I would  nominate  anybody any age to read this inspiring, life learning narrative book. Each poem talks about its own observation and their everyday life  and the connection the family has together that is indestructible.This book was nominated and won the John Newbery Medal  and also won the Coretta Scott King Award.This book The Crossover is a life changing story that you will have to read!


The author's comments:

My Name is Davia and I like to sleep play basketball and I like to eat.