Witch and Wizards by James Patterson | Teen Ink

Witch and Wizards by James Patterson

Patterson, James, and Gabrielle Charbonnet. Witch & Wizard. New York, Little, Brown and Co., 2009. 350.

“Run! Run Whit Run!” screamed Wisty. Whit starts sprinting out of the cave, stepping on rocks because it is too dark Then a big rock collapsed in front of Whit. In Witch and Wizards by James Patterson, Wisty and Whit are teenagers, so they haven't really noticed that their government is being taken over by an oppressive new government called the New Order. They don't notice that is, until they are torn from their beds in the middle of the night, thrown in a children's prison, and accused of being a witch and a wizard. But they don't have any magic. While in prison, they begin to discover things about themselves they never knew they could do. With the help of other kids who live in a Shadowland, Whit and Wisty are able to escape the prison and flee to Freedomland, where they are welcomed by the Resistance, who are fighting the evil leaders of the new bad society. The Resistance fighters seem to think that Whit and Wisty could be part of the Prophecy that might finally be coming true.

The book overall is a good book. I would give this book a 8/10. I like this book because it has a lot of action. The conflict is a person vs person. The character that was the most interesting is Whit because he would be the one that would risk his life. When they saw a hotel to stay and spend the night, they saw guards guarding the hotel. Whit would want to try to go inside and get the answers they want. Wisty would be the one that was scared thinking that he would get caught. I would recommend this book to a 12-year old or older because some parts in the book, would not be appropriate for younger kids.