James and The Giant Peach by Roald Dahl | Teen Ink

James and The Giant Peach by Roald Dahl

May 23, 2016
By Hstjarre BRONZE, South China Maine, Maine
Hstjarre BRONZE, South China Maine, Maine
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

In James and The Giant Peach by Roald Dahl, James has a big problem. In the beginning of the book James has terrible, revolting aunts who only care about themselves. Then James sees a chance to be able to get out of his miserable life and fulfill his dream.  There's a huge peach that James curiously scurry’s into at night and makes friends with these human sized bugs. There is a ladybug, a grasshopper, a centipede, a worm, a spider and a glow worm. They start to roll then they land in the ocean and drift off. The main problem in the story is now to get to land.

 

According to the cover of the book, Roald Dahl is the #1 story teller, and I agree.  James and the Giant Peach doesn't have a series but Roald Dahl has written many different books. He  has created around 45 books!!! Well anyway if you like adventurous kind of books I would read James and the Giant Peach, but don't get so fascinated in it if you're looking for a long book because it's a superior, short, and adventurous kind of book. Meanwhile though the book is short it has a great theme to never give up and believe in your dreams.


I like James and The Giant Peach. I have only read two of Roald Dahl’s books sadly, but I really liked all of his books. So if you are a fan of James and The Giant Peach I would read some more of his books.Roald Dahl including many awards he has been awarded. The World Fantasy award for life achievement, and the Edgar award for short stories. He has won the CableACE award for international children and last but not least Edgar award for the best television episode teleplay. Roald Dahl usually likes to write about adventures and all of his books are kids’ books. James and The Giant Peach is also a movie just about the same thing as the book.  


At this point, I would give James and The Giant Peach a four out of five star rating. The reason why I would is because Roald Dahl gives astonishing details and adjectives to keep the reader thinking what’s going to happen next. The reason why I don't give this book a perfect five is because when they're on the ocean it gets a little slow and I would like it if the book was longer. However, all the bugs’ actions are believable except for the peach getting confined by something that you will see if you read it. Throughout the whole book James and The Giant Peach sticks with its theme of perseverance. If you like action,adventure and fantasy I would read James and The Giant Peach .You won’t be disappointed             


The author's comments:

If you like Roald Dahl and adventure read this book!!!