Animal Farm by George Orwell | Teen Ink

Animal Farm by George Orwell

May 25, 2016
By M501athletic GOLD, USA, Other
M501athletic GOLD, USA, Other
19 articles 22 photos 46 comments

Favorite Quote:
It is never too late to have a new dream- C.S. Lewis


“Animal Farm” is an amazing novel written by George Orwell. It gives readers an animal’s perspective on how humans treat them.  When the animals were fed up with how their master (Jones) was treating them, they all start to have a revolution and over throw his position as a master. They become their own masters. A pig named Snowball starts to take over and makes plans to protect and run the farm. However, another pig named Napoleon tries to take over later on. Things start going well until the pigs are hungry for too much power. Earlier they make rules to keep the farm going and to have peace. Unfortunately, later on in the story that starts to change and the pigs themselves start behaving like humans.

In my opinion, I believe that Snowball was the leader of the group, and of the story. He made laws for animas to remember, he tended quite often to make sure the farm was in tip top shape. He also led the animals to a successful victory when the humans tried to take back the farm. He was prepared before a bad situation came up. Sometimes, I could see little examples of bossiness as well in his leadership. For instance, when he decided to put the cow’s milk inside the pig’s slop only, and how he didn’t ask for the other animal’s input on new ideas. Instead he liked to come up with his own. I could tell that he cared for the animals and the farm, though, and did his best to keep up with it.


The follower of the group, would probably have to be Napoleon. He tried to be a leader, but ended up breaking and changing the rules. When Snowball decided to build a Windmill for the farm, Napoleon used his trained dogs to chase him away. He was extremely selfish and cared really only for the pigs. When he was in charge of the farm, everything started going wrong. The plans Snowball made for the Windmill was still in his mind. Instead of just respecting Snowball’s decision, he claimed that it was his idea in the first place. When another battle started he was unprepared, and when they finally did accomplish the windmill, he ordered everyone to build another one. He used Snowball’s ideas and just changed them around a bit to truly make it his own. There was endless labor for the animals and even murder. He disobeyed all of the laws and persuaded the pigs to go along with his plans. Of course, he wasn’t following everything Snowball had planned. Nevertheless, when you think about it. Most of his ideas were someone else’s. He even tried to follow the human’s ways of life. He was arrogant and didn’t know how to properly lead and take care of a farm.


  The novel “Animal Farm” was an amazing eye opener story. It had many morals and a whole new perspective. Orwell was very creative with his style of writing. To me, the story kind of ended on a cliff hanger. The pigs were arguing with the humans and the animals didn’t know which one was which. This is the kind of story that makes me want to know what happens next.

 

                              Quotes from “Animal Farm”

“The creatures from outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”
George Orwell.

“Four legs good, two legs bad.”
All of the animals, especially the sheep.


The author's comments:

This book review is about the leader (s) and follower (s) of George Orwell's book "Animal Farm" 


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.