Shelter by Harlan Coben | Teen Ink

Shelter by Harlan Coben

January 6, 2016
By IDoingthisforextracredit BRONZE, Branchburg, New Jersey
IDoingthisforextracredit BRONZE, Branchburg, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Shelter by Harlan Coben was one of the best book I have read. Shelter was very action packed novel, so it was appeal to the action book fans. The book was written by Harlan Coben who I could tell was aiming for the teenage audience. The novel takes us (reader) through the adventures of Mickey Bolitar, a new sophomore in high school, where he hunts for his dead father who he was told was alive by a myth Bat Lady and a girl Ashley who he was in love with, but he knows very little about. With his desire to save the two people he gets him into something that could get him really hurt or even killed. This book will have you at the edge of your seat as Mickey gets deeper into the myster to find Ashley and his dead father. 

I really enjoyed this book because it alway kept me coming to read more. What I mean is that the suspense was alway there, for example: why did bat lady tell Mickey his father was alive, does Mickey get killed, these are just some of the questions I had while reading Shelter. Another reason why I enjoyed reading this book was because it appealed to the teenage audience. By that, the main character was a teenage, Mickey was a teenger. It was easy to read and understand, the word play was not confusing. Those were just two of the reasons that made Shelter one of the best books I read to this date.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.