A Girl's Bestfriend by Leslie Margolis | Teen Ink

A Girl's Bestfriend by Leslie Margolis

December 7, 2015
By LeslyeGalarza BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
LeslyeGalarza BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Disappearing Dogs
A Girl’s Best Friend written by Leslie Margolis was an interesting book. It’s really good at keeping the reader in suspense. The author did well on writing it and giving hints about certain things. It makes the reader think about certain things that can be possible with the hints but then at the end it’s something unexpected. Although the beginning of the book wasn’t that good it got interesting the farther I read into the book.
This is a story about a 12 year old girl named Maggie who’s a dog walker and loves to solve mysteries. She loves her “job” as a dog walker because she loves being around dogs, but  she can’t have one because of her twin brother Finn’s allergies. She notices a lot of dogs in her neighborhood have gone missing and she wants to try to find out who it is. She picks up many clues that help her throughout the story. The dogs missing aren’t the only mysterious things happening Maggie has a lot going on and she wants to solve every mystery.
The climax was very exciting and it made me want to read even more I couldn’t put the book down. This was the part when Maggie  alone, was trying to find clues to why the dogs were disappearing and who was part of it. There was a business going on between Dr.Reese who was a Veterinarian and his twin sister who sold them. Dr.Reese would tell his customers that their dog had to have surgery and then he would say they didn’t make it and sell them.
The characters are well developed there is no confusion as to who is who and they each get their own part throughout the story. Each character has something to do with Maggie they are either family members or friends. This story takes place mostly outside since Maggie is always dog walking . Maggie who was the main character in the book had many emotions throughout the book that made me visualize what was happening and where.
I recommend this book for others to read because it’s very different, this is a book with mystery and love combined and it’s fun to read. While reading this book many visualizations will come to your head because of how detailed it is and it’s cool it makes it seem as if you were in the book.