A Creature of Moonlight by Rebecca Hahn | Teen Ink

A Creature of Moonlight by Rebecca Hahn

December 4, 2015
By Ceci47 BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Ceci47 BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

A Creature of the Moonlight by Rebecca Hahn was about a girl named Marni whose life was quite difficult and strange.  Mani is part of the royal family, but is a child that is from the dragon. Getting farther into the book you learn more about her and her family. Surrounded by the forest that keeps on creeping in and that takes away teenage girls that will never be seen again. Those that do come back are with child and many say that it is the dragon’s baby. It is quite interesting how it starts and keeps you hanging on every word. Her uncle killed her mother for having Marni and to save her grandfather gave up his kingdom for her to survive and raised her outside of the village. They grew flowers to try and make a living. When it begins it seems as if it is a simple life, but continuing on made it seem strange and complicated.
At first it may seem like things are fine until it starts to unravel itself of what really happened. She would sneak into the forest and play with the mythical creatures until she got to the age where the forest wanted to take her back and be with her father. It may seem that she would go off with the forest, but she cares too much about her grandfather and stays. It shows how she connects to the forest and what she used to do that makes you wish it was you in the forest. Her grandfather dies and she is left ungraded, but she has a plan to get back at her uncle.
   The forest continues to creep in after her. She is willing to go, but first she will curse her uncle for that he did to her. She goes and lives in the kingdom to make sure nothing looks suspicious and that no one figures out what she is trying to do. It may seem that she is taking her time, but living in a life that she never had before makes everything strange and distracts her from doing what she needs to do. There are twists and turns that reviles the truth. As you’re hooked on every word you feel as if you’re the one in the story. As she learns what is going on in the castle and how everyday life is like for them the forest keeps surrounding the kingdom to get her. After living in a new life will she still go into the forest to find the father that left years ago defenseless or will she still stay in the castle living in a life she never had before? This book is quite interesting for readers that enjoy reading non-fiction. Rebecca Hahn is a greater writer that makes you want to read more of her books.