The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon | Teen Ink

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon

By Dalmations BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
Dalmations BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia

A 14 year old boy named Christopher John Francis Boone who is a mathematical genius autistic boy who loves mystery books about Sherlock Holmes. One day Christopher went across the street to visit a dog named Wellington. When Christopher goes into the neighbors backyard he finds Wellington dead. Wellington the sweetest dog in the world had been murdered. So Christopher goes to look for clues with the help of his pet rat.  Christopher goes to school a couple of blocks down from where he lives. He is the smartest person in his class and probably the whole school. His only friends include his pet rat and a teacher.  I thought the book was action-packed. It was amazing to read through the eyes of an autistic boy and what he can do in the world. He was serious about finding out who killed Wellington. Christopher was persistent, he took so many risks it was unbelievable!  I would recommend this book to high schoolers, teens, and adults because at the beginning of the novel it's very sad, and it had some bad language. I would not recommend this book to children 10 or younger if they love dogs, because I know for a fact if you are a animal person this book will make you cry. I hope you will get a chance to read this book because it might surprise you.