A Child Called It | Teen Ink

A Child Called It

By ElizibethGrail BRONZE, Charelston, West Virginia
ElizibethGrail BRONZE, Charelston, West Virginia

Introduction:
This book was an amazing read. It was defiantly on of the saddest book I have ever read. I would recommend it to anyone because I absolutely cold not out it down. Every page had me wanting more. It was an extraordinary book over all.

Description and Summary of Contents:
    In 1991, David was a normal young boy living an ordinary life with is family. They took lots of vacations and spent lots of time together as a loving family. Then his mother develops a serious drinking problem. Davids life changes drastically. His mother becomes very abusive in absolutely terrifying ways. He is starved, burned, and so many other awful ways of unthinkable tourture in his very own home by his mother. This is his story of survival of one of the worst child abuse cases in all of California.

Evaluation:
I liked and dis-liked some parts of the book. It was an over all well written book.I was always itching to know what happened next. I dis-liked how the ending was such a cliffhanger at the end, but that just encouraged me to read the second book! I would recommend this book to people of all ages. It makes you really think and appreciate the life you have, compared to how some other people have it.

Conclusion: At the end of the book, his father left him and his family to get away from al the terror in the house. So now David had no escape from his mothers abuse, he is trapped with her and his brothers who don't do anything about all the abuse. The book ends right about there and was a very big cliffhanger that had me wanting more. I was very relieved ad excite when i found out there was a second book that starts where this boo leaves off.