Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell | Teen Ink

Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

By mbrown1 BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
mbrown1 BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia

"Do not seek happiness for yourself. Seek happiness for all. Through Kindness. Through Mercy."- Wide Awake by David Levithan

A Must Read

Two misfits living in Omaha, Nebraska, but thats not even the half of it.  Rainbow Rowell is the writer of this outstanding work of Eleanor and Park.  The amazingly written story begins with Eleanor and Park sitting together on a school bus, and from here you can already tell what is bound to happen.  Rowell’s words are utterly moving and the story is filled with many plot twists and heartbreaks.
   Eleanor Douglas, a new girl at a High School in Omaha, Nebraska is faced with many hardships and new beginnings throughout the story.  Park Sheridan, a so called “outsider” with only a few friends that he can actually call real meets the new girl on the school bus, but only because he was hoping she wouldn’t sit with him.  The school bus, is where it all began, and their lives would never be the same again.  Eleanor and Park’s love is so powerful and cute yet so awkward, just like any first love.
   Eleanor and Park is a great take on your first love and all the weirdness and things you sacrifice along the way.  Rainbow Rowell's story is one of those books where you feel like you're living the characters lives.  It's so real and written with such passion and I recommend this novel to anyone who has a knack for great love stories. 
   Rainbow Rowell’s words in Eleanor and Park are extremely moving, and this is a very heartwarming story.  Take same time to read Eleanor and Park.  Will you fall in love with Rainbow Rowell’s work?