Wonder by R. J. Palacio | Teen Ink

Wonder by R. J. Palacio

By leyhatfield02 BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
leyhatfield02 BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia

Wonder is about a ten year old boy named August who learns about himself throughout the novel. He was born with a facial deformity causing many surgeries. This prevented him from going to a real school, until now. He thinks of himself as an ordinary kid, but has an extraordinary face.

August befriends Jack and Summer who help him get through the year. August’s distortion causes others to avoid him and are frightened by him. They all have a reaction, causing middle school to be 100 times harder for a kid like him.

I enjoyed every page of the book. It was one of the best books I’ve ever read. It makes you laugh, cry and everything in-between. Surprising twists make you want to read more and the ending makes you want to stand up and cheer.

In conclusion, I would definitely recommend this book for middle schoolers. I gave this book a five out of five stars because I could hardly put it down. It's perfect for anyone wanting a heartwarming book and a good laugh. I look forward to reading more from R.J. Palacio.

I hope people will benefit from this review and I encourage them to read this delightful novel.