Paper Towns by John Green | Teen Ink

Paper Towns by John Green

By Lesly BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Lesly BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado

Paper Towns Review

Paper Towns  is a complicated, sad, romantic, and interesting at the same time. I find this book complicated because of Margo’s attitude and way of thinking. She makes you look in to the deeper meaning of what she’s talking about. Unlike Quentin he’s a little less complicated, he’s more of a simple guy. In this story Quentin is deeply in love with Margo but they are a complete different person.
Throughout the book you kind of start seeing the world the same way Margo looks at it. I think this book is a little more than just a teenage fiction book because when you read this book you get pulled into it and you see what the character's see and you feel what they feel.
In the beginning of the book Margo and Quentin are good friends since they were children but one day they saw this dead guy who had committed suicide, they were really impacted by that since they were little kids. Luckily Quentin’s parents are therapist so he got over but Margo never really did, maybe that’s why she always looked at everything differently and thought differently than others. Margo became the hot popular girl in high school while Quentin still remained a nerd and never got the same attention like Margo did.
Quentin has always been secretly in love with Margo but he never really told her or expressed it to her since they stopped being friends. Quentin hopes that he can be friends with Margo again since the day they hung out to get revenge on Margo’s ex boyfriend. Everything turns out to be the complete opposite. She leaves Orlando forever. Quentin tries to find her and he succeeds but he doesn’t take her back to Orlando. He leaves her in Algoe, New York  because they both know she doesn’t belong back at home.
This book really takes a huge twist. We think that Margo and Quentin will be together and that she will come back home but they actually end up leaving each other and going their separate ways.