the Five people you meet in Heaven by Mith Albom | Teen Ink

the Five people you meet in Heaven by Mith Albom

I always imagine what would others be like if I do not exist in this world. Would it be different or do I have the impact to change the world by my existence? I do not know the answer, I guess no one would know it. I might be coming out in news titled “Why did the girl on blooming youth had to die” and gain attention from everyone all around the world, or I might be forgotten as the time pass by until no one mentions my name and just think me as a person that never existed before. I do not know the answer. But when I ask my mom this question every time, she would say she would follow me to heaven, she said she could not imagine a life without me. My friends would answer the similar thing, although they would laugh at me. Despite I might not be a huge impact on the world, my existence is still a huge and brilliant thing to people around me. Therefore I always have to adore them to not regret later. I learned this lesson from reading the book “ the Five People you meet In Heaven” by Mitch Albom.

This book started with an ending unlike other normal books. However, it was not a book about what happened after ‘living happily ever after.’ It was a book about a great shadow behind the word “death”. Despite you can not continue it, but you still have to think of the things even after everything ended. Things that you still have to realize and be thankful of , things that you could not find when we were actually seeing, hearing, smelling, feeling, tasting them. Things that you can only realize after everything ended, and not regretting. In this book, Mitch Albom tells us how to not regret even the ending could not be ‘living happily ever after’.

Mitch Albom wanted to tell us that through living our lives, we always have to experience different things. Through time, we have to learn how to care about people around us, even the people that just pass you by and do not even know your name in your daily life, because it is still a special connection that we meet even once in this huge world where billion people are living in. Through Successes, we have to learn how to sacrifice ourselves for other’s will, we should not torture ourself by getting caught in the rose’s thorns called “ambition”, we should know how to let things that were in your sweaty hands go, and not calling it a sacrifice, but a concession. Through experiencing, we have to learn how to unravel our anger which becomes poison in our mind and try to embrace everything, even the things that are sharp as a knife, because the anger itself is the tapering knife and poison that hurt us. Through despairs, we have to learn how to hold on a rope of light in darkness, and smile for the light. Even though it might be a memory with that person that you can never go back, love is endless, like the rope, it does not let go off your hand unless you let it go yourself first. Through Failures, we have to learn how to stand up by ourselves without catching a helping hand extended to us when we fall down. In spite of the fact that we might weep tears, and our feet might get strained, we still have to stand up by ourself and laugh, saying “That was easy, let’s keep going on.” for a whole new start. Through our life, we have to learn how to live with wisdom and how to embrace everything, because everything in our lives are all particular, they are not something existing accidentally, as we do.

It is very significant to preciously prize the value of our lives, value of time, value of others, value of this world. They are all things that are still going on, and the things that we can not realize easily even though they are breathing right next to us. “the Five people you meet in Heaven” by Mitch Albom was a book telling me that an end can also be a start, a start that you can only experience when you reach the very end.