The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien | Teen Ink

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

By BobbyJoe BRONZE, Worthington, West Virginia
BobbyJoe BRONZE, Worthington, West Virginia

The Hobbit is a book about a small creature named Bilbo Baggins with big feet, and a big stomach, which is called a hobbit. Bilbo is abruptly visited by a wizard and dwarves, which come into his house, and take him to go on a trip. He was taken on the trip because he was needed as a burglar. A burglar was needed because Thorin’s family treasure was taken over by a dragon named Smaug.

Through their perilous journey they encountered the dragon named Smaug, who was sitting on top of the treasure. Smaug eventually came out and was shot down by Bard. Later on in the story there was a battle named, The Battle of Five Armies. In this momentous occasion Thorin, Fili, and Kili all died for their bravery against the opposing armies.

If you like to read adventure and journey books then I would highly recommend The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. It has occasions when Bilbo and the others have to face goblins, trolls, giant spiders, and other highly dangerous creatures. If I had to pick an age group, I would pick it for an average reader because it is easy to comprehend.

In my opinion this book is filled with adventure and conflicts, so to me this book is amusing and exciting to read. With all the action in the book it makes it fun to read, and it is very suspenseful, another key factor to a good book. In all the book makes for an enjoyable and creative book to read.

I liked the Hobbit, it was nice.