The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton | Teen Ink

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

By jjonez_528 BRONZE, Monongah, West Virginia
jjonez_528 BRONZE, Monongah, West Virginia

Live the life you love, love the life you live.

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton is a novel based on social levels. There are Greasers and Socs (soshes). Greasers are the teenagers who where a leather jacket, slicked back hair, white t-shirt and jeans. They aren’t the wealthiest people. The Socs are the teenagers that where the jackets that have numbers on them, with nice jeans and nice hair. They are spoiled wealthy and get almost whatever they want. The Greasers and the Socs don’t get along that much. The difference between a Greaser and a Socs is that Greasers don’t feel anything while Socs feel too much. The two gangs have a battle called a rumble. Which is where they aren’t allowed to bring any weapons but your hands. They fight until the other gang retreated.

In the end, two of the most important characters end up dying, one from a good cause and another caused by emotions. Johnny dies from saving kids in a fire. Dally was killed by the cops, because he robbed a store and was out of his mind because of Johnny dying.

I recommend this book The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton if you like a story that has a twist to it. There isn’t much suspension in The Outsiders, but it’s worth reading As a teenager I enjoyed reading this book and watching the movie. It is a great book. This book is like riding a roller coaster, it has its ups and downs, and sometimes just levels out.

I think that S.E. Hinton did a great job in writing this book. I thought it is actually one of the best novels I have ever read. I’m glad that they made a movie for this book. I like to see things visually. Watching the movie gave me a better understanding of the book. Although the movies isn’t exactly the same as the book, it was worth watching.