Cinderella by Marcia Brown; Charles Perrault | Teen Ink

Cinderella by Marcia Brown; Charles Perrault

“A dream is a wish your heart makes....” A quote from the Disney movie Cinderella. I read the book Cinderella by Marcia Brown, and Charles Perrault. Even though the movie was clearly better, this book is about a girl who gets two stepsisters and a stepmother who treats her like their maid. One day an invitation for a royal ball arrived but they wouldn't let Cinderella go with them. So after they left she was crying until her fairy godmother appeared. When she did she used her magic on Cinderella and she went to both of the royal balls. Her and the Prince we in love, but when the clock struck she ran off leaving one of her glass slippers behind. One day every girl in the village tried on the glass slipper and when Cinderella tried it on it fit. Everyone was shocked; she pulled out the other one and her and the Prince got married and lived happily ever after.
There were many differences between the book and the movie. In the book they skipped a lot of parts; like when Cinderella and her mice friends made a dress for her to go to the ball. In the book her stepsisters and stepmother were way nicer. The movie is better because to me the original story is the Disney movie Cinderella, which is a classic. This book is like a remake and i don't like how they changed parts in the story. Maybe the book made these changes so it wasn't copying completely, but I’m not really sure.    
I think that if they were going to make a book, stick to what happened in the movie, no changes. Readers should definitely watch the movie if they haven't already seen it. I don't recommend reading the book because I feel like it ruins it, but its your choice if you want to or not. I’m sure there are many different versions of the book. So I don't want to discourage you not to read any, just not this one.