Divergent by Veronica Roth | Teen Ink

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Divergent
Veronica Roth

The title of the book that I read was “Divergent”. The author of this book is Veronica Roth and is published by HarperCollins Children's Books in the year of 2011. The genre of this book is action/sci-fi and is set place in a dystopian version of Chicago. Some of the more main characters would be, Beatrice “Tris” Prior, Tobias “Four” Eaton, Caleb Prior, and Marcus Eaton. Beatrice Prior is one of the Divergent's. She figured it out when she did the test when you needed to know what faction you fit in. Tobias Eaton is another Divergent. He as well as Beatrice is in the faction Dauntless. He had to learn to stop thinking like a Divergent and more like a Dauntless. Caleb Prior is Beatrice?s brother, he went to the Erudite faction. Marcus Eaton is the father of Tobias, Marcus used to beat Tobias. He is also the head of Abnegation.

This book is for someone who would like to read about action and also about romance. Although I really do not like to read romance novels, this book had enough to cover the romance. I really liked this book. I do not really like to read a lot of books, but once in a while I find a book that I like to read. I really think that my friends should get this book. It is different than the movie. For example, in the book it says near the beginning that the neighbors of the Priors, walked home from school with Caleb, and Beatrice, and that Caleb and the daughter of the neighbors liked each other. While in the movie it just shows them walking home. Also I really like how in the book you can know what the main character(s) are thinking, while in the movie you can only hear what they are saying.