Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Mockingjay
Suzanne Collins
Title: Mockingjay 3rd book of “The Hunger Games”
Author: Suzanne Collins
Genre: Young adult literature, Science Fiction, Thriller, and Adventure fiction
Setting: District 8 { Run down town }
Main Characters: Katniss, Peta, Gale
Quote: “ Fire Is Catching If We Burn You Burn With Us “
Theme: Hope and Faith

Mockingjay is a book written by Suzanne Collins. In this book Mockingjay there are three main characters. First there is Katniss she won the 74th annual Hunger Games. Her weapon that she used in the arena was a bow and arrow. Unlike most people during the reaping she wasn?t picked like others her only sister was chosen to go into war. She volunteered so she could live. There was a struggle to get her sister to let her go. The capitol didn?t know what to do, she was the first volunteered that District 12 ever had in 74 years. Then there?s Peta he was also the winner alongside Katniss. They never knew each other until the reaping when she remembered he gave her bread when she was hungry. During the 75th annual they made an alliance and that everyone would sacrifice their own lives to make sure Katniss stayed alive because she was the world?s hope she was their Mockingjay. Towards the end of that game she was claimed dead but really lived and was fighting the capitol in District 8 which in total are 11 districts since her home District 12 was destroyed as well as years before District 13 which no one knew about. Our last main character is Gale. He was Katniss?s childhood friend he also has strong feelings about Katniss who he calls Katnip.

This book is has four different types of genre: Young adult literature, Science Fiction, Thriller, and Adventure fiction. The setting is really meaningful. It has dead people, coal everywhere, airplane parts from previous attacks. The setting is shown how it would look like if there was a war everyday for the rest of your life. The capitol destroyed everything, nobody will tell them they?re wrong because if they do the capitol would either kill them or make them suffer as they did to Peta. The capitol has done so much and has brought so much pain. All of this suffering because there needs to be Hunger Games every year because we need peace between the districts. They can?t have peace because they?re killing every living thing. To me this book means a lot more than Action, or Thriller, or Adventure. No, this book shows much more than words and heart sorrow. This book makes me feel their pain and all they have suffered. It makes me feel their hope and faith. But most of all it makes me feel their love for one another though times are rough and may get worse but they always have hope for some day everything will be better.

My quote from the book that Katniss said to President Snow was “ Fire is Catching If We Burn You Burn With Us” she says as the plane she shot burst into flames on a near by rooftop of a house. She threatened the capitol that if they didn?t stop she would end this war once and for all. For what they have by hurting her family and her district she wanted revenge. This quote really captures why Katniss became the Mockingjay and why people feel hope from her. Mostly it?s why the capitol is afraid of her. One theme is hope, Katniss gave a lot of districts hope by becoming their Mockingjay and finding their faith and hope within them. She gave them hope when they thought that they couldn?t have it anymore. This is my book Mockingjay.