Ruby Redfort: Take Your Last Breath by Lauren Child | Teen Ink

Ruby Redfort: Take Your Last Breath by Lauren Child

May 5, 2014
By Anonymous

Ruby Redfort: Take Your Last Breath
Book Review


Ruby Redfort: Take Your Last Breath by Lauren Child is the gripping sequel to Ruby Redfort: Look Into My Eyes. It takes place in the 1970s in the town of Twinford, where Ruby Redfort lives with her wealthy socialite parents.

Ruby seems like a small, brown-haired, green-eyed, 13-year-old schoolgirl, but things aren’t always what they seem. Ruby actually works undercover for a secret agency called Spectrum, where life or death situations and daring missions are all part of the job. Spectrum employed teen-genius Ruby because of her extraordinary intelligence and her brilliant code-breaking ability.

The book opens a few months after Count von Viscount’s plot to steal the priceless Jade Buddha of Khotan was foiled by Ruby. On a secluded Hawaiian island, where Ruby is attending a Spectrum dive camp with her fellow agents, she receives a new mission from her boss LB. Strange things are happening off the coast of Twinford such as drowned people washing up on shore, radio interference, pirate attacks, missed maydays, strange whispering sounds, unusually calm currents, confused shipping, unusual marine activity, and an old legend about a sea monster. It’s up to Ruby to solve the mystery and close the case before LB fires her from Spectrum. Ruby Redfort: Take Your Last Breath is a cliffhanger that you won’t be able to put down!



JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.