Pet Semetary by Stephen King | Teen Ink

Pet Semetary by Stephen King

September 5, 2013
By BookReader001 BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
BookReader001 BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

This is a book of love and loss. It talks about a man who goes from the top of the world to near-insanity. He loses everything, but still lives on which was his first and last mistake. This story takes place in Ludlow, Maine.
Louis the main character has a wife named Rachael and a son and a daughter. Their names are Ellie and Gage. Louis’s friends are named Judson Crandall and his wife Norma Crandall. Ellie has a cat named Winston Churchill, but called Church for short. Her cat ends up being killed by a car. Louis then takes the corpse of the cat to Pet Semetary and buries it. To Louis’s surprise he sees Church the next day alive, but not the same cat he was originally.
Pet Semetary is just the book for anyone looking for a good thrill. It is an amazing book for any teen. Louis goes to extremes trying to bring back everything, but goes insane in the process. He did it with all good hope, but the dead should stay dead.
Pet Semetary is a love filled horror fest. I’d say this is one of Stephen King’s best books. It is just one of those books that snatch you up last second when you think all hope is lost. It can keep anyone and everyone guessing and hoping that the next page will be suspenseful.
Every character is different, but Louis changes to where different is no longer a viable word. They all have their little secrets whether the reader knows it or not. If you are in love with thrillers or horror based books then this is your book!