Divergent: The Review by Veronica Roth | Teen Ink

Divergent: The Review by Veronica Roth

By Allen_Park SILVER, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Allen_Park SILVER, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey

I read a book called Divergent. It is about a girl who has to make a choice on which faction of a futuristic society to join. That one choice decides her friends, defines her beliefs and determines her loyalties forever. She takes a test that tells her that she is Divergent, which means she belongs to three different factions. She chooses Dauntless, the faction of the fearless. But Dauntless becomes corrupt and she need to stop them before they kill everyone and take the world over.

This book is one of my favorites. It shows that one choice could change everything. It also shows that you need to stand up or something bad could happen. The main reason I love this book is the crazy stunts the teenagers have to do. Tris, the main character, has to jump off a high train onto the roof of a building and if she doesn’t, she becomes factionless, or homeless. Then from there she has to jump off of the building into a sort of support. She does it but some don’t and they become factionless. I love the action and how at points it is so intense. I recommend it to people who loved the Hunger Games.

Don't miss the book Divergent and its sequel Insurgent.