The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams | Teen Ink

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

June 3, 2013
By Elitecyro BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
Elitecyro BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Hitchhikers Guide



The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy is a kind of an old book with a strange plot strange characters and strange places. It is a book about a nerdy average guy (loner), and a guy with two heads and a girl.

I read this book because heard that it wasn’t bad and I saw my friend read it. I liked this book because it was funny, and it didn’t make any sense. I also read it because it was recommend to me by my teacher. I also liked the characters.

The characters are a big part of the book. They fuel most of the book. The main character is Arthur, the only person who survived the alien attack of Vogons. Then there’s the president of the universe who saved his life but is also the one who destroyed Earth in the first place. He also has two heads and lives in a spaceship.

The setting is in space, on a spaceship, and on various different planets. Most of the time, they are just running form Vogons. Some time in the book, the planet Magrathea turns into a big part of the setting.

I really liked this book because it was funny. It was interesting and it was distinguished. I would recommend this book to people who like humorous books. The Hitchhikers Guide was a good book, and I rate it 4/5.