What Happened to Goodbye? | Teen Ink

What Happened to Goodbye?

By kberns3757 BRONZE, Paradise Valley, Arizona
kberns3757 BRONZE, Paradise Valley, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

What Happened to Goodbye

The romantic story “What Happened to Goodbye” by Sara Dessen give the common romantic story a little twist. The story is written for anyone to connect and understand. Sara Dessen writes numerous novels that the reader doesn’t need any prior knowledge for. Readers, who are experiencing divorce, love, or loss of self would really enjoy this book. When reading this book you can escape the problems that are going on in your life and take a look into the problems Mclean Sweet is experiencing. After starting this book the reader would not want to put the book down. It’s a fast moving plot that keeps the reader intrigued and keeps them reading. This book is so great because one can reflect on the situations the character is experiencing. The book displays how one teenager copes with her parents’ divorce. One can see how the divorce takes a toll on Mclean and how a certain boy can change her world. Sara Dessen is known for her work. Dessen work makes the reader feel like they are in the book experiencing the feelings the author creates. There will be parts where the reader will put the book down just to wipe away their tears before picking it right back up. The reader will not have trouble trying to comprehend what’s occurring in the book. Sara Dessen is great when it comes to “Staying on track.” This book will give you inspiration that love does exist even if your circumstances are weird. When I read this I enjoyed the little back stories that tie into the plot. It is appropriate for all ages. When hearing what the main character Mclean Sweet experienced with her parents’ divorce and all the traveling with her father one will grow a warm spot for Mclean in their heart. Sara Dessen is a great author when coming to romantic teen novels. It is a great way for teens to have hope for that perfect love they aspire to meet one day in their life. I recommend this book to everyone from ages thirteen to adult. Her audience is more of a female crowd, but men could relate to this book as well. Readers will want to read the rest of Sara Dessen’s books after reading What Happened to Goodbye. Go to a local bookstore and start reading! You will not regret it!