Masquerade by Melissa De La Cruz | Teen Ink

Masquerade by Melissa De La Cruz

By brooklyn engstrom BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico
brooklyn engstrom BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico

Masquerade
By: Melissa De La Cruz

“Ready” Then book Masquerade is a phenomenal book. The main character Schuyler is a beautiful young blue blood vampire who attends an elite Duschene school. In the first few chapters of the book it talks about how terrible Schuyler’s life is. From her parents dying to her grandfather missing Schuyler has a lot of stuff going on in her life. Even though her mom is in a coma, Schuyler still looks city to city to find her. She does the same for her grandfather even though he is not in a coma. Wouldn’t we all do that for our family?

As Schuyler continues through the ups and the downs she will always have her best friend Oliver by her side. Oliver is a cheerful person who always looks at the bright side of things. Schuyler and Oliver are best friends. There is a lot of bad things going on in her town, Venice. There are different types of Vampires in Venice. There are the Blue Bloods, the Silver bloods and the Red bloods. The blue bloods are the good vampires and the blue and silver bloods are the kind of vampires who are willing to kill other vampires to become more powerful.

This would be a good book for people who like mystery and action. This book does not really contain a lot of graphic content. This book is more of a book to determine what life can be like if you’re in a situation like Schuyler. Melissa De La Cruz did a fantastic job on Masquerade. To find out what other crazy adventures that Schuyler goes on your going to have to read the books.