Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles | Teen Ink

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

By lindsey.walker BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado
lindsey.walker BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado

Perfect Chemistry, by Simone Elkeles, is another book about star-crossed lovers. Brittney is a girl who lives her perfect life being a cheerleader. She had no idea that her life was going to change in her chemistry class her senior year. Brittney got paired up with the one person you never want to mess with, Alex. Alex is a Latino in a gang. His life is far from perfect. Both Brittney and Alex are about to discover that living on different sides of town and within different cultures can be challenging but you can’t separate true love.

As I was reading this book I felt a strong connection to Brittney. You see Brittney’s parents are strict; they try to control Brittney’s life. My parents are the same way. Always telling me what I need to do and who I’m allowed to fall in love with. Brittney is a senior in high school just trying to figure out who she is, just like me. The only thing I didn’t like in this book was how easy it was to read. I like something with a little more difficulty, but this book had an amazing story. It’s way different from any other “Romeo and Juliet saga” that I have read. It is more urban and modern.

Perfect Chemistry was the first book that I have read and actually finished in 2 years. This is a book I wasn’t forced to read; I wanted to read it on my own. I would recommend Perfect Chemistry to any of my friends. This book was fun and I enjoyed reading it. I would read it again.

on Apr. 1 2013 at 11:00 am
Thank you so much for the amazing review, Lindsey!  I'm so flattered that Perfect Chemistry was the first book you've read and finished in 2 years!  That's so incredible!  Thank you SO MUCH! :)