Fated by Alyson No?l | Teen Ink

Fated by Alyson No?l

By xstarboomx BRONZE, East Setauket, New York
xstarboomx BRONZE, East Setauket, New York

After six books of The Immortals Series Alyson Noël has done it again. Her new four book saga, The Soul Seekers is about a 16 years old girl who sees glowing people and has crows mocking her.

In The Soul Seekers, the first book begins with Fated. Daire Santos is the main protagonist of the series. She travels with her Hollywood makeup artist mom, always moving from one set to another, never really having a place to call home. Until one day, from an outburst and harming an actor, Daire's mom has no choice, but to send her to her grandmother, whom she never knew existed until now.

Upon moving to Enchantment, New Mexico, she meets the boy of her dreams and she is questioned by fate if he is the one she is destined to be with or an enemy that she is set to destroy. She also makes new friends and discovers the call to her destiny as a Soul Seeker.

Although the book dragged out a little, Noël makes it up by adding two hot twin brothers with the element of good vs. evil. Noël also adds sarcasm into the lines that would literally make you laugh out loud.
There is also mythology and symbolism with animals that makes the story intriguing.

Overall, Fated was a good start to introduce the new series. It made me wants to turn the pages and see what would happen next. I recommend this to readers who love to read about magic, mystery, and a compelling love story that would melt your heart.